Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Questions in this day

Can I substitute powdered for liquid pectin (in jam recipes)? I could only afford one type, so bought powdered. Naturally, the recipes I want to use this season incorporate liquid pectin.
      Yes, I can .

Can I substitute real vanilla extract for scraped vanilla pod? *$14* for *1* vanilla bean! WTF?
       yes . Yea!

How do I clean Torties' tank? Who would have thought that one small red eared slider would be so dirty? Just like dmn goldfish (which I will *never* own again, btw).
       At least a thorough clean is only monthly . I wonder if hydrogen peroxide will disinfect enough...I certainly have enough old toothbrushes laying around the apartment.

Do red eared sliders *really* get big enough to require a 40 gallon tank?
      Yes. Yes, they do .   However, this week I need to buy him a more accessible basking place.  & a hanger for the light, maybe.



3 comments:

  1. thats a well loved fella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am stressing over this turtle. I will *so* guilty if a reptile which is supposed to live for 75 years dies before he's 1!

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about getting a turtle, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing for any turtle--to live with me. I travel too much, who will pay attention to its diet? Sigh, I'll probably should ask a cat to adopt me.

    ReplyDelete