Saturday, September 7, 2013

That really big place up North

that American media seems to ignore: Canada.  There are big cities ( Toronto), along with the woods & forests.  Toronto, Vancouver, & Calgary continue to rank high on livability

British Columbia even has a Sasquatch or two! Surely this would attract American audiences. But, no, only the Calgary floods got a bit of national notice (while they were happening, rebuilding & recovery seems too boring for we southerners).

Quite a few TV shows have been, & are, filmed in Canada, including Defiance & SiberiaCaillou , Little Bear , & Rolie Polie Olie  are some of the educational cartoons produced in Canada. Granted, the jury may be out on how educational a show about a whiny spoiled bald headed child really is.

I hope to visit Canada soon. If not this year, then next. I have tried to finish this post properly for the past 4 days, but my concentration isn't up to par. There is a medical issue (not That Serious, but serious enough) I need to take care of first. So I'm taking time off to deal with it. Back mid-October!

5 comments:

  1. I lived in New Brunswik, CA for a while. Loved it. The place almost became my home for good. Full of history, beautiful woods, even more beautiful waters and people... sad that so little is said of it.

    Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope all gets better, and I hope it happens soon. See you in mid October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed you already read the award post, but I wanted to leave you the link here anyway. I hope mid-October brings way more than more sweet things to share ;-)

      http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2013/09/hypocrites-arent-lovely.html

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon, I live in Ontario Canada, right smack on the U.S border and I do know our grand son is living in Sault Michigan with his mum after our daughter married an American fella, he learns nothing of Canada, they don't teach much at all about us, I suppose we are the invisible people, living in the bush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lived in toronto for years and the blog tech was born there. we traveled all over canada east to west and i loved everything about it. i sort of like that americans ignore it because i feel like it is my favorite secret. i could move back there in a heartbeat! hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you are ailing, I hope you feel better soon!
    And I've always wanted to visit Canada too.

    ReplyDelete