Saturday, January 12, 2013

2 Quotes, 1 Visual #15

I love old photographs, so the use of them to move the story along in 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' (Ransom Riggs) thrilled my heart & acquired a spot for this book on my shelves.

Quote #1: "It stared back with eyes  that swam in dark liquid, furrowed trenches of carbon-black flesh loose on its hunched frame, its mouth hinged open grotesquely so that a mass of long eel-like tongues could wiggle out."   (page 33,paragraph 4)
   ooo..What's worse than a deliciously nightmarish Bad Guy?  Being the only person able to see it.

Quote #2: "Their memory was something tangible and heavy, and I would carry it with me.  And yet my old life was as impossible to return to as the children's bombed house.  The doors had been blown off our cages."  (page 348, paragraph 1,2)
     Sometimes a span of mere days changes a characters' life, & the reader expects it to be so.  I hope that Riggs is able to write the second installment soon!

1 Visual: "Where I remembered patinas of green mold there was wallpaper and wainscoting and cheerful shades of paint.  Flowers were arranged in vases.  Sagging piles of rotted wood and fabric had rebuilt themselves into fainting couches and armchairs..."  (page 140, paragraph 3)
     I can picture the sun shining, as well.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this book and plan to read it again, soon. I can't wait for a sequel (I hope there is one because I haven't heard anything about it). Great quotes as always, the second quote happens during one of my favorite scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, I LOVE to be wrong! http://www.ransomriggs.com/blog/2011/8/9/yes-there-will-be-a-sequel.html

    ReplyDelete