Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The sky is blue,

...the sun is shining, but it's too damn hot & humid out! So I'm watching Aerial America, in this instance, Michigan .  (yea, it's for a different episode, but this one will be on later this week). I love watching this sort of shows. Just amazes me how it is filmed & edited. The closest I will get to flying ;)

I graduated from High School in Michigan. Still love the weather & the geography. It is one of, if not the most, beautiful state so far as I am concerned. Detroit gets a horrendous rap (much of which is ripely deserved), but I still love that city. The state, itself, has such potential to become a powerhouse of alternative/green technologies. To really make something of itself while leading the country in the uses of alternative energies/food productions. Yet, the citizens of said state can't seem to get their head out of their asses long enough to take advantage of what they have all around them.

Every election cycle, Detroit & suburbs want to swallow the bs line that (usually conservative) politicians will bring back the car companies, that 25 & 30 $$ hourly automotive jobs will return! Detroit, meanwhile, refuses to think outside of the box in ways to save & promote their city. Instead, specializing in electing crooks as mayor.  Enough to make me cry. & goes a long way to explaining why I don't feel comfortable in moving back.   *sigh*

& then there are the Waters....sand dunes , trees , water , lighthouses , Mackinaw bridge .  *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Have you read Brave New World Revisited? Your bit about elections made me think of it... I think you'd appreciate the content.

    ReplyDelete