Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I miss Carol Duvalls' show

I adored her...the common sense approach, her Christmas specials were spectacular, the crafts easy enough to attempt. Carols' show went off the air in 2009, & I'm still waiting for some network to come up with the younger version of herself.  A website  isn't the same, even if it is Marthas'.  Pinterest is cool...quite the time waster in the guise of 'inspiration'.  Online sites, such as craft gossip , purl bee (except I substitute more affordable fiber & fabric.....), & awesomesauce & asshattery , are wonderful to read & dream through.  *But* none of them are the same as being able to watch Carol at work & listen to her Michigan accent.  I find it rather sad that handcrafts are held in such low esteem, that prime-time media doesn't find them worth the expense of broadcasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment